Get out there and vote, people. It’s Election Day.
To help promote turnout and civic engagement, we are once again running our list of candidate recommendations in the Democratic and Republican primaries.
If a race is uncontested, there is no need to make a recommendation. We do not make recommendations for party chairs. We normally do not make recommendations in constable races, but we made an exception this year for Precinct 2 constable in the Democratic primary because of the immense controversy surrounding that office. We are not making a presidential recommendation at this time.
To arrive at these recommendations we met with more than 100 candidates this election season, conducted numerous phone interviews and did additional background research.
We hope these recommendations serve as a useful guide and prompt thoughtful discussion, inspire you to do your own candidate research and, most importantly, vote. It is the lifeblood of democracy.
- U.S. Senate: John Cornyn
- U.S. House District 20: Dominick Dina
- U.S. House District 23: Tony Gonzales
- U.S. House District 35: Nick Moutos
- Texas Railroad Commissioner: Ryan Sitton
- Texas Court of Criminal Appeals Place 3: Bert Richardson
- State Board of Education District 5: Inga Cotton
- Texas House District 116: Fernando Padron
- Texas House District 120: No recommendation
- Bexar County Sheriff: Willie Ng
- Bexar County Tax Assessor-Collector: Stephen David Pennington
- Bexar County Commissioner Precinct 3: Ellen Pfeiffer